You know that the Lanteria HR is using SharePoint lists that contain most of the data. I would like to share a simple tool that you can use to create your own views for various data available in the system.
Such views are widely used for reporting (Export to Excel option), and working with the data.
To be able to create the views you need to have the HR Admin role which has permissions to make changes to the lists. To check if you have such permissions you need to open any list, for example Job Roles list, and see if you have Create View and Modify View buttons activated:
If you have such permissions, you can start creating your own views:
1. Click Create View. The system will give you a few options. The most used options are Standard View and Datasheet View. Select on of them.
2. Type a View Name, select if this view should be available for other users with HR permissions (Public View). Then select the columns that you would like to be displayed for this view and their order.
When you are working with this setting, you can select or deselect any columns and create views containing 1 or more columns in any order you like.
3. You can also sort and / or filter data:
4. Another popular feature is the data grouping. For these purposes you can use Group By Option:
5. You can also specify the number of items that you would like to be displayed on one page. To do this, please expand Item Limit option and specify the number of items:
For example, your Job Roles list contains 100 items and you want all 100 to be displayed on one page when you select this view. In this case, you need to add 100 to the “Number of items to display” field.
6. When you finish creating your view, save it by clicking OK.
7. Now you can use your new view to work with your data: edit, export, etc. To see your view, you need to return to the list and select your new view from the Current View dropdown list:
8. In case if you need to make any changes to your view, select the view first and then click Modify View. Now you can make necessary changes: edit name, change order of the columns, select / deselect the column, etc.
You can create as many views for each list as you need. This is widely used for the lists that have a large number of columns, for example, Employees, Organizational Units, Absence lists.