Front End Developer Job Description
A front-end web developer is responsible for creating and executing the visual elements that users see and interact with when using a web app. They are typically backed up by back-end web developers, who are in charge of the server-side logic of the program and the integration of the work done by front-end designers and developers.
What Does a Front-End Developer Do?
Front-end developers are website designers who specialize in computer programming. Front-end developers are responsible for designing the structure and design of online sites, striking a balance between functional and aesthetically pleasing design, and ensuring that web design is optimized for smartphones, among other responsibilities.
Job Profile of a Front End Developer
Lanteria is seeking front-end developers with a strong design sensibility. They are in charge of ensuring that web design and user experience needs are in sync, optimizing websites for optimal efficiency, and keeping brand consistency across all web pages.
They must collaborate with back-end developers, graphic designers, and user experience designers to ensure that all aspects of web development are consistent. This involves exceptional interpersonal and communication abilities.
Front End Developer: Responsibilities
A Front end developer’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Collaborating with design, product management, and development teams to construct appealing, practical, responsive, and engaging interfaces for various devices
- Gathering feedback from users and consumers and developing solutions for them
- Using UI design principles to ensure that the product's client-side functionality scales
- Reviewing and optimizing app usage by tracking important indicators and proactively resolving issues
- Ensuring that graphic standards are of excellent quality and that the brand is consistent
Front End Developer: Requirements
- Has an understanding of CSS on the server-side
- Acquainted with graphical user interface layouts, SASS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Graphic design software experience, such as Adobe Illustrator
- Passionate about creating high-quality design and usability