What Does the Network Engineer Do?
A network engineer's tasks include establishing, creating, and maintaining computer networks within or between organizations. They have to assist users, including employees, clients, customers, and suppliers, as well as troubleshoot any issues that may emerge.
The Network Engineer will also be in charge of maintaining the company phone system, monitoring the network firewall, assessing the functionality of the network routers, and ensuring that all Internet security software is kept up to date.
Job Profile of a Network Engineer
Lanteria is looking for a network engineer to control and manage our firm's computer networks. Your principal responsibilities will be to maintain computer networks, hardware, software, and other associated systems, perform disaster recovery operations, safeguard data, software, and hardware from attack, and replace malfunctioning network hardware components as needed.
You'll also be collaborating closely with our network's users to identify prospective difficulties and resolve existing issues.
Network Engineer: Responsibilities
A network engineer’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Managing and controlling computer networks and related computing environments, including systems software, application software, hardware, and configurations
- Developing and enforcing regulations, as well as defining and monitoring access to secure network systems
- Offering on-site engineers and end-users/customers help via the internet during the installation process.
- Optimizing network performance by performance monitoring, troubleshooting network issues and outages, scheduling upgrades, and cooperating with network architects on network optimization
- Interacting frequently with project management teams, third-line engineers, and service desk engineers
Network Engineer: Requirements
- A minimum of three years of experience as a network engineer
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject Cisco certifications, including CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE
- A thorough understanding of TCP/IP
- Practical experience with HP, Fortinet, or Cisco equipment
- Excellent ability to plan and prioritize tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Solves problems analytically and is data-driven